A Field Guide to Insects & Spiders of Kanha Tiger Reserve.
Resurrect is proud to announce its book in association with The Corbett Foundation.
Associate Partner The Corbett Foundation
Insects and Spiders
The Corbett Foundation is dedicated for the conservation of wildlife in over five tiger reserves of Kanha, Pench, Bandhavgarh, Corbett, and Kaziranga, and in Kutch. It is known for devising sustainable conservation interventions for forest-based communities and in undertaking research-based conservation measures for the conservation of India’s wildlife.
About the Author: Aniruddha Dhamorikar
The author has a keen interest in studying insects and spiders, how they spin the wheels of the great ecological machine and keeps it running rust-free. He holds a masters in Environment and Sustainability, and Zoology..and began exploring the fascinating world of these lesser-known creatures 10 years ago.
Read more here
To read even further Please Visit Authors Website
The book includes:
1. Sketches of around 40 commonest insects in over 10 orders, and keys to eye-patterns of 18 spider families, to ease the basic on-field identifications.
2. It contains images of over 600 individuals of insects and spiders – most identified up to species-level, some left at genus or Family with blurbs on their observed behavior.
3. It has detailed descriptions of the insect orders and spider families, and notes on their density and ecological roles in Kanha and Central India as a whole.
4. An extensive bibliography of previously published works on insects and spiders of central India.
5. First record for Madhya Pradesh – a tarantula and two rare dragonflies (both new records for Kanha)
This book is for the novice as well as the expert who would like a glimpse of what a tiger reserve, such as Kanha, harbours in its undergrowth.