Xplore Khajuraho Resurrect Guide Book Series
The book attempts to chronicle the sacred religious capital of the
Chandellas with evocative photographs, detailed ground plans and descriptive recreational
- Exhaustive First-ever coverage of Temples including all nearby destinations
- Around 400 high resolution real site photographs and sketches.
- Comprehensive details of all temples with architectural drawings for major ones.
- Updated and expanded Map of Khajuraho for facilitating your itinerary.
- Indispensable section on practicalities with contact details of local guides.
“In beauty of outline and
richness of carving
the temples of Khajuraho are
unsurpassed by any
kindred group of monuments
B L Dhamma
From the ‘Xplore Khajuraho’ book – In the remoteness of an idyllic central Indian landscape, replete with lush green fields covering every inch of soil and encircled by low-rise hills, there lays an invaluable repository of Indian sculptural art and architecture.
Showcasing the very zenith of medieval central Indian temple-making, Chandela temples of Khajuraho, are simply impossible to ignore. Incongruous, as they might look to the modern eyes, these artistic imprints are reminiscent of a glorious era when Chandela craftsmen took temple architecture to unprecedented heights. Taking a giant leap from the established norms, they aimed to achieve something grand; something that would do fitting justice to the indefatigable enthusiasm of their energetic patrons; something that would create a lasting impression beyond the vagaries of time. This exemplary zeal displayed by the Chandelas had a deep rooted social reason. Known to be of humble origin, the mighty Chandelas wanted to compensate with their karma what they lacked in their bloodline.